Top Prize: Win $1,000 and a trip to LDEI’s Conference in Newport Beach, CA
The fee per entry is $35, and all entries are due by March 31, 2017
The M.F.K. Fisher Awards for Excellence in Culinary Writing are named for lauded culinary writer Mary Frances Fisher, considered one of America’s greatest food writers and appreciated for quotes such as “First we eat, then we do everything else.” Through these awards, LDEI recognizes and showcases excellence in culinary writing.
- Eligible entries may be from 3 categories: books, print (magazines, newspapers, newsletters), and Internet published articles.
- Entries must have been published in 2016, be nonfiction and may include analytical pieces, autobiographical explorations and forays into culinary history.
- Entries must be no longer than 2,000 words.
- Entries are judged on writing, knowledge of subject matter, topic, relevance and creative approach.
The awards are presented to women writers whose work:
- reflects creativity and insight
- illuminates the pivotal roles of food, beverages and the arts of the table
- and/or contributes to our knowledge of those who grow, produce or prepare nourishment
For complete details of the awards and online registration, click here: http://bit.ly/2me9KcI
The M.F.K Fisher Awards judges include editors, authors, educators and other food professionals who are leaders in their field and are not members of LDEI.
Les Dames d’Escoffier is a by-invitation philanthropic organization of women leaders in the fields of food, fine beverage and hospitality. Over 2,200 members in 37 chapters worldwide provide leadership and educational opportunities in their communities. For more information, go to: LDEI.org.