To celebrate the diverse and innovative local small businesses around us, re-discover our growing home community, and support Centro Community Partners (Centro) – an Oakland based non-profit organization benefiting low-income entrepreneurs through entrepreneurship education, one-on-one business advising, mentorship, and access to capital.
Witness first-hand what’s possible for our community over drinks and appetizers by local rising entrepreneurs, as we:
Launch the “Meet the Neighbors Guide,” the first online guide created exclusively to help you shop small and local in the Bay Area – featuring small businesses with five years of less, so you always have something to discover and someone new to support!
Celebrate the 2016 Small Business Owners of the Year
Recognizing creative makers who have demonstrated unconventional audacity, remarkable business achievements and profound social responsibility in building their small businesses. Help us celebrate and learn more about the trajectory of:
* Reem Assil, Owner of Reem’s – Arab street food made with California love.
* Ayanna Makalani, Owner of HEAL – a therapeutic and accessible pilates studio.
* Nellie Stokeld, Owner of The Pie Shop – authentic British pasties, pies & tea treats.
Present the Opportunity & Social Equity Maker Award
Our honorees have devoted their careers to bringing about more economic opportunities and social justice to underserved, minority and low-income members of our community. We commend the achievements and ongoing work of:
* Claudia Viek, CEO at CAMEO – the California Association for Micro Enterprise Opportunity.
* Trina Villanueva, Director of CSR and Foundation Officer at Union Bank.
For more info and to purchase tickets, visit http://www.eventbrite.com/e/meet-the-neighbors-tickets-27767234546.